Sustainably concentrated and integrated Bitcoin mining company Stronghold Digital Mining has applied for a $100 million IPO public with the USA Securities and Exchange Commission.
Pennsylvania-based Bitcoin mining company Stronghold Digital Mining has filed for a $100 million initial public offering (IPO) with the USA Securities as well as Exchange Commission (SEC).
The firm filed its S-1 form on July 27 as well as if okayed by the SEC, Stronghold intends to list its Class A common stock on the Nasdaq Global Market under the “SDIG” ticker.
Stronghold is a sustainably focused and vertically incorporated Bitcoin mining firm that was founded in 2021.
In June Cointelegraph reported that the company completed two private equity securities raises worth $105 million.
According to the brand-new declaration, Stronghold will make use of the funds for general corporate objectives such as “acquisitions of miners and power generating assets” with the company describing strategies to dramatically enhance its total hash rate capability:
With part of the proceeds of this offering, we intend to procure an additional 27,900 miners, which we anticipate will bring our total hash rate capacity to approximately 3,000 PH/s by December 2021 and to over 5,300 PH/s by December 2022.
The firm specified that it presently runs around 1,800 crypto mining makers with an estimated hash rate capacity of 85 petahashes per second (PH/s) as well as already has more machines heading.
Fortress has become part of “three definitive agreements with multiple suppliers” to buy the more than 27,000 mining machines, which the company estimates will certainly have a minimal total hash rate capability of 2,600 PH/s.
It expects to get 93% of the equipment in 2021, as well as the remaining 7% to be delivered in 2022.
The company runs what they refer to as “affordable, eco advantageous power generation centers,” as well as mines Bitcoin by transforming waste coal right into energy on a range equivalent to “a large” hydropower plant, as well as approximates that for each Bitcoin it mines, 200 tonnes of waste coal is destroyed.
The Scrubgrass Generation Plant in Venango County is the firm’s initial power generation center, and the firm’s power generation processes permit it to refurbish big areas of land that were ravaged as a result of waste coal acid drainage (AMD).
Stronghold also mentioned in the declaration that it intends to house the brand-new mining equipment at its present center, in addition to at two new plants that it is working to obtain.
The very first is the “Panther Creek Energy Facility”– a coal refuse power generation facility under contract to acquire as well as the second is an unnamed center that makes use of the very same coal reusing methods, which Stronghold has under a letter of intent to buy.