Bloomberg has partnered with Galaxy Digital Management to expand their crypto offering with the launch of the Bloomberg Galaxy Defi Index.
- Benchmark will measure the performance of the largest decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols by market value.
- The benchmark is held and directed by Bloomberg Index Services Limited and is co-branded with Galaxy.
- The constituents of the Index are selected based on “institutional trading and custody readiness in the US.”
- As of August 1, the nine DeFi projects with Galaxy Digital include Uniswap, Aave, Maker, Compound, Yearn Finance, Synthetix, SushiSwap, 0x, and Uma.
- The partnership will provide “investors with data and tools that deliver calculated exposure to the future of financial services.”
- Galaxy Digital’s funds platform, Galaxy Fund Management will also offer its own Galaxy DeFi Index Fund to track the performance of Bloomberg’s, listed under ticker DEFI.